Heavy Duty, Chrome, Electric Starter Motor for Norton Commando
New replacement motor for the original Prestolite/Norton Starter
- Great looking chrome finish
- Four brush, high driving torque motor
- Ball bearings for efficient/easy spinning
- O-ring sealed motor for gas and water exclusion
- Nine-tooth pinion provides a 15.78 gear reduction ratio for an 11% improvement in torque over the ten-tooth stock, prestolite with 14.2 gear reduction ratio
- Spins the engine with VIGOR! Very noticeable/significant increase in cranking speed
- Net weight 2.16 kg, Approximately 2 pounds lighter than stock unit
- A bolt-on interchange...NO MODS REQUIRED!
- We highly recommend changing your current starter cable to the heavy-duty 6 gauge cable kit (part number 06-5909/10/11/L)
- If you are using a Boyer ignition system on your Norton, we have found electric starters draw too much current for the Boyer to work properly. We would recommend changing back to a points system, or a DIGITAL electronic ignition system like a Tri-Spark or Pazon electronic ignition system. The Lucas RITA system will work, but is no longer manufactured.
- If you have preexisting problems or defects with your starter mechanism, a new starter motor will only make these issues more apparent.
- Additional Information
Write Your Own Review
- Fitment Information
- Norton Commando MK III Hi-Rider 850 1975
- Norton Commando MK III Interstate 850 1975
- Norton Commando MK III Roadster 850 1976 - 1977
- Product Question
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Shipping Estimation
You can use this section to calculate shipping costs on all available methods for the item on this page, or your entire shopping cart.