Negative Ground Only
Made in U.S.A.
Costs a fraction of the original Lucas components it replaces
Battery-less operation can be achieved when combined with the MAP capacitor.
NOTE: For safety, it is best to use a battery for the brightest lights, especially at idle.
Easy installation instructions:
- The MAP4102 is grounded by bolting the case of this part directly to the frame. Do not put insulators between the frame and the body of the MAP4100.
- Attach yellow leads to the three alternator wires.
- The black lead is positive. This lead gets connected to positive side of the battery.
- Disconnect and remove the old Zener diode on the bike. Be sure to tape up the lead so it can’t short out anywhere.
- We recommend you save the original parts.